HELP US FIND A GREAT TEAM MEMBER!
Dynamic, committed staff seeks experienced, creative and collaborative development and communications coordinator to join our team and lead efforts to build a sustainable development structure for our organization’s program expansion. We are a nonprofit based in Rockland that supports and empowers at-risk lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth, and families throughout rural Maine. The position requires demonstrated capacity in:
· Conducting prospect research and building a strong database of potential donors;
· Researching funding sources, both foundation and corporate, for program support.
· Writing compelling, successful grant proposals;
· Conducting successful fundraising campaigns – direct mail and on-line, including social media;
· Coordinating major donor ask campaigns, including making donor asks as appropriate;
· Activating networks to expand our supporter base;
· Conducting strong stewardship efforts to increase donor retention and donation levels;
· Coordinating community events to build support;
· Writing excellent fundraising materials;
· Handling all donation processing and database management (knowledge of Little Green Light software a plus); and
· Working collaboratively with staff and the Board of Directors to accomplish development goals.
· Bachelor's degree, with three years’ of development experience
· Ability to prioritize and effectively manage shifting priorities and handle multiple projects;
· Propensity for action, strong work ethic, flexibility, professionalism, and the ability to work in a team environment and independently, and under pressure successfully;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Demonstrated strong writing capacity
· Superior organization and attention to detail skills, and exceptional follow-up capability;
· Strong research skills, particularly in finding prospects and funders
· Must possess the highest level of work ethics and integrity with the ability to maintain confidential information; demonstrated level of discretion in handling privileged information.
This position is full-time and is based in Rockland, Maine. Some weekend and evening work may be required for events and meetings. Please submit resumes and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 29th. Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
OUTMaine values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Our Mission: OUT Maine supports and empowers lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people and their allies in rural Maine. Through affirmation, advocacy, education, and guidance, OUT assists LGBTQ youth, 22 and under, in their journey from adolescence to adulthood.