OUT Maine is growing! Grace Hansen, our current Youth Health Educator (YHE), will be moving into the role of Youth Engagement Coordinator (YEC) while Leah Trommer, our current YEC, moves into the new role of Education Coordinator. We now need a new team member to fill the important role of Youth Health Educator.
YOUTH HEALTH EDUCATOR
This position will implement community education, policy and systems changes, and environmental enhancements to reduce tobacco and vaping use among LGBTQ+ youth. This position will work hand-in-hand with our current Youth Engagement Coordinator, who is actively engaging youth in building their individual capacity as well as their leadership skills around issues of public health, social justice and restorative practices. These two youth engagement positions form a powerful youth-focused team improving the lives of LGBTQ+ youth.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years’ experience with youth development and programs.
- Strong facilitation and training skills with both youth and adults in multiple settings a plus.
- Knowledge of positive youth development, youth-adult partnerships, prevention and public health practices a plus.
- Knowledge of various social media platforms for developing community awareness strategies a plus.
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries, including online and on social media.
- Position requires some evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background, child protective service check & sex offender check and have a good driving record.
- Must be able to exert moderate physical effort with frequent physically active trainings and meetings with youth and adults, driving, typing and occasionally lifting material weighing up to 25 pounds.
This position is full-time and is based in Rockland, Maine. We will consider the possibility of some remote work. Includes travel around the state with some overnights, as well as some evening and weekend work, scheduled in advance.
Salary in the mid $30,000 commensurate with experience. Paid vacation and sick leave; 13 paid holidays; 100% health care costs for employee; retirement contribution match.
Please send a resume, three references and writing sample to email@example.com by April 9, 2021. No phone calls please. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
OUT Maine values diversity in all aspects of its organization and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Candidates that identify in the LGBTQ+ community and/or BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.