OUT Maine Development Director
Dynamic, committed staff seeks experienced, creative and collaborative development director to join our team and lead efforts to build a sustainable and comprehensive development program to enable our organization’s expansion. We are a nonprofit based in Rockland that supports and empowers at-risk lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) teens and families throughout rural Maine. The position requires demonstrated capacity in:
- Conducting prospect research and building a strong database of potential donors;
- Researching funding sources, both foundation and corporate, for program support.
- Writing compelling, successful grant proposals;
- Conducting successful fundraising campaigns – direct mail and on-line, including social media;
- Coordinating a major gift program, including making solicitations as appropriate;
- Activating networks to expand our supporter base;
- Conducting strong stewardship to increase donor retention and donation levels;
- Coordinating community events to build support;
- Writing excellent fundraising materials;
- Executing all donation processing and database management (Donorperfect);
- Working collaboratively with staff and the Board of Directors to accomplish development goals.
- Bachelors’ degree, with three years’ of development experience
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage shifting priorities and handle multiple projects;
- Propensity for action, strong work ethic, flexibility, professionalism, and the ability to work in a team environment and independently, and under pressur successfully;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated strong writing capacity
- Superior organization and attention to detail skills, and exceptional follow-up capability;
- Strong research skills, particularly in finding prospects and funders
- Must possess the highest level of work ethics and integrity with the ability to maintain confidential information; demonstrated level of discretion in handling privileged information.
This position is 28-30 hours per week and is based in Rockland, Maine. Some weekend and evening work may be required for events and meetings. Please submit resumes and writing samples to email@example.com by October 31st. No phone calls please.
OUTMaine values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.